Thursday 28 March 2013

Shut your Eyes - Snow Patrol


'Shut your eyes and think of somewhere, somewhere cold and caked in snow'...

I got signed off by my Doctor today for the race and did the ECG, Blood Pressure and Form Signing all in the space of just 20 minutes. This followed me purchasing some energy bars as the last part of my race supplies and to be honest, I am pretty much 'Ready to Rumble'.

My training has now changed from the Long Slow Distance runs of the past six months into short sharp 60 minute runs with a pack of 3-4 kgs at 6.5mph. I bashed in a such a run yesterday running up to Salter Towers on a wild and bleak, snowy afternoon in Cardiff; light years away the warmth of the Western Sahara.

These last few days always make me nervous and I end up worrying about getting run over on one of my training runs. Avoiding injury paramount right now...I've already kicked the settee today and smashed my toes. 

Let's hope that's ALL that goes wrong eh?

More tomorrow.







No comments:

Post a Comment