Sunday 18 February 2018

X-Press 2 Ft. David Byrne - Lazy


I'm Lazy when I'm loving, I'm Lazy when I play… Listen Here

‘Lazy’ is such a bad word. Being ‘Lazy’ is such a bad personality trait, and I spend a lot of my time trying to eradicate it, like someone trying to a relieve the world of a deadly disease or virus. I see it as a modern day plague. The dictionary definition is ‘Unwilling to work or use energy’ – Ouch, what a ‘killer’ definition. Personally, if I was ever described as being ‘Lazy’ I’d be mortified yet in recent years, it’s become a national pastime. There’s even a clothing brand called ‘Plain Lazy’ which has umpteen designs and logos based around doing erm - ‘Nothing’. How does anyone have the balls to wear that gear?

I'm lazy when I'm speakin’, I'm lazy when I walk…

But they do as it has a whole ‘tribe’ of ‘Plain Lazy’ followers. As part of my quest I engage with the more ‘Lazy’ of folk, (that’s a complete spectrum of ‘Laziness’ btw - from the bone-idle to athletes that could become ‘world-class’ if they could only shrug their ‘Laziness’ off), so I can become the catalyst of a personal revolution that converts lethargy to energy.
 
I'm lazy when I'm dancing, I'm lazy when I talk…

It works too… It should do as it’s my job and the results speak for themselves. It’s amazing how ‘transformed’ people become as soon as they are ‘Accountable’. The disappointing part for me, is that after the ‘Accountability’ period runs out, the ‘Laziness’ in some cases manages to work its way back in. It’s said that ‘water will find its way through anything’ and ‘Laziness’ seeps back into folks lives corroding every fitness landmark and achievement in its way reverting to type those that don’t close the heavy watertight doors of energy to keep their lethargy days well and truly behind them. If only there way of guaranteeing continued success for everyone.

Now, Imagine what it feels like, Imagine how it sounds, Imagine life is perfect and everything works out…

For those that make it to the ‘other side’ and I class myself amongst the best of them, I can only say that there’s a whole world of magic and opportunity - if only folk get off their couches and start heading for the horizon. It’s an old cliché that ‘after travelling for five miles towards the horizon, the horizon is still five miles away’ but the five miles travelled is the part that interests me. And that’s the part that ‘Lazy’ folk simply don’t get… Imagination!

Imagine there's a girlfriend, Imagine there's a job, Imagine there's an answer, Imagine there's a God…

Yep all you need is some imagination and NO excuses.

Hard men, Hard Lives, Hard keepin’ it all inside, good times, good God...

So this week, look around at folk that aren't 'Lazy', draw some inspiration from the Winter Olympics, make some plans, take in a deep breath and make it happen. Stop being ‘Lazy’ – ‘Lazy’ at anything and live life a whole lot better, for a whole lot longer.

Amen

Lyrics:- Lazy - Beedle, House, Rock & Byrne

Rory Coleman - rory@colemancoaching.co.uk - 24 Years' Alcohol Free - Never 'Lazy'
1,009 Marathons - 245 Ultras - 14 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records

No comments:

Post a Comment