Tuesday 10 January 2023

Let there be light...

A lonely Daffodil...

I thought about writing about the annual ‘New Year, New You’ advertorial blog. Half story, half sales drive - you know, the kind that people in the fitness industry push out this time of year to attract fresh clients… But after careful consideration, I've decided against doing that.

At ten days into 2023 and the New Year and especially Christmas feeling like a lifetime ago already everything felt very flat, yet after seeing my first Daffodil of the season I experienced an overwhelming feeling of coming out of the darkness. I immediately felt physically and mentally healed.

You see, you’re a winner if you get out and doing anything this time of year especially in the restricted daylight of winter and the restricting monsoon-like weather conditions. Staying indoors makes brightening the mood a real uphill challenge.

From misery one Daffodil in bud changed my world. Combine that with fifteen minutes more daylight in the afternoons now since the winter solstice and I’m feeling quite chipper atm as I only see sunny days ahead. I mean, it can’t get any gloomier, can it?

Eutopia is literally fifty days away. Then finally we’ll hit March and I know that my world will become a whole lot brighter.

 

We often speak about there being light at the end of the tunnel or having a light bulb moment. Light is an integral part of our lives. Light IS life. Without light from the sun, we wouldn’t exist. So, it’s no wonder that in the darkness of deepest Winter things can feel somewhat flat.

 

Making sense of the darkness is the key to making the most of the New Year and kick starting your future success.

 

Being ahead of the game, that’s the best place to be – looking forwards. I’m already thinking about April’s Marathon des Sables and the challenges that it will brings You challenge might be thinking about getting to April, booze-free or 10kgs lighter - you know your agenda, your goals, your dreams. Yet in the first few fledgling days of 2023 - these can feel a light-year away.

 

Or one Daffodil away in my case - and in a moment I felt my mood lift. My achy legs from Friday’s marathon felt less achy. I felt more energised, positive and brighter, knowing that we’ve survived the worst of the Winter eclipse.

 

As we endure the darkness of winter together, please don’t suffer your own personal darkness alone. And if you are finding hard to see any bright spots ahead of you reach out and I’ll help you spread some light on your future.


Loads of Marathons - Lots of ULTRAs etc - One Life - Live the Dream

No comments:

Post a Comment