Sunday 22 September 2013

Stoptober Day 14 - Livin' on a Prayer - Bon Jovi

School Photo with my brother Martyn - 1969
Oh we're half way there - Bon Jovi, Sambora & Child.

What a great way of getting to the halfway point in my #Stoptober Challenge and my 799th marathon of all time.

It started with a long run into Reading on the A33, which I've nicknamed McDonald's Avenue after all the litter I saw along the 9 or so miles I ran along to get to the roadshow in the centre of the town.

The roadshow was the busiest one and loudest to date with a spectrum of balloons, cakes and crew encouraging folk to quit on October 1st, National Stoptober Day. It was really going well!

After that and all the crowds, I was then out on my own notching up the miles out of town and as far out as Goring where I got to the end of my run today. Talk about a beautiful place...nearly as nice as Stratford-upon-Avon where we are tonight ahead of at least a couple of days here.

Tomorrow's the big one as I clock up my 800th marathon, a feat I'd never have thought I'd be capable of 20 years ago or even when I ran my first in Telford on 6th November 1994.

It's going to be emotional AND I have Cyril Bennis coming to run with me after I'm a guest of my old primary school, Broad Street, for their assembly. I left there in 1973, some 40 years ago and I wonder what's changed. I know I had more hair then!

I'll tell you tomorrow, so more then...

www.COLEMANCOACHING.co.uk - The UK's Leading ULTRAmarathon Coaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment