Wednesday 26 March 2014

So far away - David Gilmour

'To still this burning in me?' - Gilmour


The more you do, the more you want to in my book and in the run up to my 11th Marathon des Sables its highlighted to me just how much goes into preparing for a multi-day desert campaign not only for my hundred or so clients taking part this year but also for myself. It's been MdS madness for weeks now in Cardiff. All the excitement takes me back to 1999 and my first time in the wilderness which simply blew me away...it must have as its had so much influence on my life and has done every year I've been since. 

Hopefully I'll be getting another fix of the 'Sahara Magic' in just a few days time.

It's a far cry from when I started out running and didn't even have a challenge to train for. Today I've been writing training tips for the staff of a Global Communications Company to encourage up to 500 of it's staff to enter a race of their choice wherever they live. Now that's a challenge...

Hopefully my experience of the desert is reflected in those tips and it will inspire them to their own greatness. I'm going to read what I wrote in those paragraphs myself next week prior to leaving for Morocco and living the dream once more. 

The fire is still burning, let's hope it fans my flames...

More tomorrow...



No comments:

Post a Comment