Thursday 18 June 2015

Dogs - The Pink Floyd

Lyric:- 'And when you loose control, you'll reap the harvest you have sown' - Waters & Gilmour

Song Choice:- A brilliant Floyd song from the Dynamic Duo of Waters and Gilmour. They always pull out all of the stops writing together I've found. Dogs is one of my all-time must have 'Desert Island Discs' in fact so using it today gives me a great excuse to play it again...hear it for yourself here.

Anyway, I thought 'Dogs' would highlight quite nicely something that as you will probably know if you know me, are something I don't like very much or at all if I'm being honest. If they float your boat well that's fine by me but I just don't like 'em especially after the infamous face-to-face giant f-off scary, snarling, barking poodle incident of 1967. Need I say more...

But, it got me thinking as I've spent most of this week encouraging people to do things that they don't like doing or find scary. Now if you asked me to look after your Dog, well I'd probably decline the offer but if I did an Alaskan Dog Sledging Race, I'd have to get over my problems of all that Doggie Breath and Soggy Coat Smell etc. and get on with it.

I wonder if I could? The answer is that I'm sure I would  if I had to but I'm not sure it would make me fall in love with our four-legged friends. Maybe you think I'm missing out here and maybe I am. Then again I do think that at heart, everyone's a killer.

Maybe I should start a bit smaller...Goldfish perhaps?

More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment