Wednesday 18 November 2015

Echoes - The Pink Floyd

Lyrics:- 'But something stirs and something tries, and starts to climb towards the light' - Gilmour, Mason, Waters & Wright

Song Choice:- If you have the odd 22:32 minutes to spare to watch Parts 1 & 2 on YouTube (with headphones if possible) you'll hear just what I'm banging on about tonight. Some great vocals and keyboards from the late Richard Wright of course.

This is an old time favourite of mine and it's a unique snapshot of a time when 'Pink Floyd Psychedelic Prog Rock', (sadly long forgotten by nearly all of us), took us in a darkened room full of a hazy smoke that provided a 'Time Out' to think about whom we are, what we do, whom we do it with and when. Sadly back then most folk were too out of it to do anything about it, when they discovered what it was!

However, some 40 years later on and listening in hi-definition sound (without the smoky haze I hasten to all), still manages to deliver it's magic, well to me anyway. 

Maybe it's the lyrics? I could pick out loads of lines that hit the spot but 'The something stirs and tries etc'. reflects so much about my own awakening as well as the same awakening I see in my clients. The real clincher is 'And do I take you by the hand, and lead you through the land, and help me understand the best I can'. It doesn't get any better than that if I'm being honest. 

The problem is so many folk get bogged down by having such busy and complicated lives, their physical and emotional baggage buries their 'Treasure' (all of their good bits, you know what I mean) so deeply that time and energy just passes them by and therefore life itself.

If that's you right now, look up, see the light and start climbing towards it. There's nothing to lose only to gain if you ask me. Then I'm bound to say that aren't I, although I know it's true and that I've been there and got the T-Shirt.

I am however going to have another listen tonight in the dark and see if it speaks to me again and I can expand my mind just another but further.

Thing is no ones going to do it for me and the 'Cloudless Skies' Waters sings of might not be everyday but you never know I'll try if you do - please let me know how you get on?

Now where are my sandals and joss-sticks?

More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment