Monday 16 November 2015

All The Things She Said - Simple Minds

Lyric:- 'There'll be no compromising'...

Song Choice:- Even though it's now some 30 years old, I still love the video and the above lyric still hits me like a sledgehammer, I love the 'All the things she said', line and it's more 'of an 'All the things she didn't say', really as that speaks volumes as far as I'm concerned. 

As far as the 'compromising' bit I'm not so sure as t's not one of my particular life skills. if I'm being honest...

I don't mind admitting it either as my being highly focussed and unfaltering in my objectives has provided me with an unequivocal drive and determination that I've drawn on time and time again when the brown-stuff has hit the fan especially when I've been pushing my running past my limits of human endurance.

It's a blessing and a curse as though one gets to see the world in high-contrast-full-colour-dolby-surround-sound it uses vital RAM for less urgent life happenings that can get sidelined so easily!

Can one learn to compromise? Who knows...I'm not sure I can whilst I'm still running so many marathons, coaching folk to their goals and crossing deserts or even if I'm not doing all of the above. I don't think I'm going to be compromising today...again.

More tomorrow...and don't lower your guard, as you don't want to look back on a big lost world.

Rory Coleman - 944 Marathons - 238 Ultra-marathons -12 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 21 Years' Alcohol Free.
Location: Cardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment