Wednesday 2 August 2023

Rain - The Cult


Can you believe the weather? Just how long is it going to keep on raining cats and dogs every day? Only a few weeks ago, there we were enjoying a drought. Lamenting that the local park had turned into a dust bowl and that the local Co-Op had become THE place to go post run to cool down by standing in the chilled aisle.

Oh how things have changed...

But then things do don’t they? And change in a moment just like the weather. Now, I know I spend a lot of time time writing about ‘time’ and ‘change’ - but just like the weather, I believe we are right in the middle of a time of transformation - well I know I am anyway.

Just like in a long hot summer, when everything is going just perfect without a cloud in the sky - with things falling into place effortlessly… until for some unknown, Godforsaken moment it rains on your parade.

And if you are a non-rainy kinda person like me - hopefully you are out there summoning the sunshine and trying to create a brighter future. It’s not easy, especially as it was pissing down today in Wales and rained hard on days my day's expectations for sure.

However, I used the time to consider some plans to make my time ahead a whole light brighter so if anything I’m going to benefit from this current cloud and welcome a new silver cloud direction.

Or that’s the hope anyway - is it raining where you are?

1,167 Marathons - 273 Ultras - 16 Marathon des Sables - 1 Life - No Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment