Monday 31 July 2023

Second Chance - Shinedown

I’d like to think that everyone deserves a second chance. A 'one-strike-and-you-are-out-policy' always feels harsh to me and if you’ve ever played board games with your children, no doubt you’ve endured many a second, third and many more chances more after that. 

I mean, if you make a mistake and you’ve acknowledged it, and learned from it, then what’s not to like? 

People always seem to give and receive second chances for their mistakes.

It’s part of human nature. However, the second chances I’m interested in are the ones that ‘Second-Lifers’ get as I call them. Being a ‘Second-Lifer’ myself I understand fully the notion of getting a ‘second chance’. 

A second chance of living life. 

In my world of coaching, I meet many ‘Second-Lifers’. Folk post serious illness, addiction or post traumatic incident even. They’re easy to spot as they are the ones making the most of their second opportunity. They are the people that known as being 'Inspirational' and 'Motivational'. I'm sure we all know people that constantly amaze us with their triumph over adversity stories. 

Now, you might well not be one of the above kinda people BUT you might well be missing out on the opportunity of a lifetime, wasting your time on things that in the long run simply won't be worth it. You probably already know what they are but are too worried, ashamed or frightened to change.

Just take it from me that you don't need a life-threatening illness to make you rethink your future. Maybe you can give yourself a 'Second Chance' today?

1,161 Marathons - 273 Ultras - 16 Marathon des Sables - 1 Life - 2nd Chancer

No comments:

Post a Comment