
I’ve spent a huge part of my life in and around Marathon des Sables events. I know the excitement before you go, the nerves at the start line, the doubts when things get tough and the incredible feeling when you realise you are capable of far more than you thought.
My Happy Place - Why the MDS 120 Morocco rocks.
In October, I’ll be heading back to Morocco for the MDS 120, and even now, after all these years, there is something about the desert that still gets me.
People often ask me why I keep going back. The simple answer is - it’s my happy place.
There’s something about the Moroccan desert that strips everything back. No noise. No distractions. No nonsense. Just you, your kit, the terrain, the heat and the people around you.
Life becomes very simple, very quickly. You eat, move, recover, sleep, survive, and then you do it all again the next day.
The simplicity is incredibly powerful.
I’ve spent a huge part of my life in and around Marathon des Sables events. I know the excitement before you go, the nerves at the start line, the doubts when things get tough and the incredible feeling when you realise you are capable of far more than you thought.
That’s what keeps bringing me back. MDS isn’t just a race. It’s an experience. It changes people.
You arrive thinking about the distance, kit, food, feet and temperatures. You leave having learned something much bigger about yourself. That’s exactly why I love coaching people to do it. There is a massive difference between simply following a generic training plan and preparing properly for an MDS event.
You need to understand how to train with a pack. How to move efficiently when you are tired. How to manage your feet. How to eat when you don’t feel like eating. How to cope with the heat. How to recover between the stages. How to choose the right kit and how to avoid carrying half of your house across the desert.
Most importantly, you need confidence. Confidence comes from preparation.
And that’s where I come in. I don’t coach MDS from a textbook. I coach it from experience.
I’ve completed MDS events again and again, and I understand what happens out there physically, mentally and emotionally. I know what works, what doesn’t, what people worry about unnecessarily, and where the real problems tend to appear.
Whether you’re doing MDS 120, MDS Legendary, MDS Trek or another event in the MDS family, my job is to get you to the start line knowing you’ve done everything you reasonably can to succeed.
And I want YOU to enjoy it.
Because despite the heat, the sand, the aching legs and the occasional dark moment, these events can become some of the greatest experiences of your life - I know, Morocco has certainly given me some of mine.
So, in October, I’ll be back where I feel completely at home.
Back in the desert. Back at MDS. Back in my Happy Place.
And if you’re thinking about taking on an MDS event, don’t leave your preparation to chance.
Come and work with me. I’ll help you arrive ready.
The Rory Coleman Method.
Raise Your Average.
No comments:
Post a Comment