Saturday 23 January 2016

Shaking the Tree (Live) - Sir Peter of Gabriel

Lyric:- 'Turning the tide, you are on the incoming wave' - Gabriel & N'Dour

Song Choice:- My favourite Gabriel Track EVER provides a briilaint lyric for today's blog.

The Live version is the best in my opinion as it has the amazing Paula Cole on lead vocals with Gabriel it gets me every time.

Now on a much brighter day here in Cardiff, with the sunshine warming up the Daffodil's almost long enough to flower, here's a question for you.

Do you feel like you are getting anywhere this year?

Four weeks post Christmas and three weeks post New Year, has January been at all kind to you yet? Have you made any improvements to your day to day living, that will make the rest of the year or from there to eternity a whole lot easier. Are you waiting for the never-ending 'Five Week Pay Day' that will enable you to live more like a King and less like a Monk or Nun? Are you waiting to get your teeth around a glass of your favourite tipple.

Yikes, January is a bugger of a time to go dry!

Now in my case, it took me three weeks and to decide I didn't need Alcohol in my life anymore. Well that AND a whole lot of other things...and that's what can do too. Being straight helps you see things in the 'Cold light of Day' and make more sensible and strategised decisions.

What are you thinking now about right now? Has the tide turned and are you starting to ride the incoming wave?

Also, my blog is up for the National Adventure Awards, so please vote for me here

Rory Coleman - 958 Marathons - 239 Ultras
12 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 8053 Days' Alcohol Free.
Location: Caerdydd

No comments:

Post a Comment