Thursday 7 January 2016

Shout - Tears for Fears

#DryJanuary - Message -Day 8
Lyric:- 'And when you've taken down your guard' - Orzabal & Stanley

Song Choice:- What is it with 1985 eh? But here's a real 80's anthem and known famously as being Tears for Fears signature track. And it's a bloody good one too, as it encourages us to 'SHOUT!' Not in a Primal Screaming way but in a protesting way about all the sh1t we have to process in our busy lives...We are all (well maybe not be) far too conservative to say let alone 'SHOUT' about things when we are in situations where we just grin and bear the moment...

Anyway, I like to think about the song being more as a 'SHOUT' out to the world so you can tell everyone  you know just how good it feels to be on Day 8 of #DryJanuary for @alcoholconcern.

You see, now you are in the rhythm of not drinking, I believe that you should be 'SHOUTing' out good and loud wherever anyone will hear you. On every bit of social media you can get your fingertips on and also in your email signature.

If you know me well enough, you'll know I'm not short of a bit of 'SHOUTing' out about my years of sobriety and just what that means to me, and the people that come and see me after reading my story. How about you telling your world about how much it means to YOU, especially with a Dry Friday night and weekend ahead of you.

So go on Stand Tall and #'SHOUT, SHOUT let it all out; Booze is a thing you can do without'.

#C'mon, I talking to YOU, C'mon!

Phew, I'm hoarse now and I promise you more running stuff and less SHOUTing tomorrow.

Rory Coleman - 953 Marathons - 238 Ultras
12 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 8038 Days' Alcohol Free.
Location: Cardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment