Monday 24 July 2023

Photograph - Def Leppard

'Gotta photograph, picture of'...
I was looking at a selection of photos that I’d used for my blogs over the past few years and wondered if I could use just six of them to define my life - with only one rule that they can’t contain people. To narrow it down to just six proved nearly impossible of course and the ones I’ve chosen here are pictures that seemed to stand out to me today.

The OS Map shows where I was born, very near to a sewage farm I noticed, and next to a Bridle Way, which I've been back and ran many times. 

Battersea Power station is pictured from the cover of Pink Floyd’s 1977 album ‘Animals’ - the track Sheep accompanying many of my miles and thoughts since way back when.
 
The Moon Landings represented the future - a future that’s long past now as the digital age it spawned has accelerated time way beyond the Apollo 15 photo shown here. The Electric Moon Buggy was a mere $38m at the time btw.
 
Back down on Earth the cornfields are still a joy to me.  Emerging as a lush green and they soon all too soon become a straw yellow as Mother Nature’s clock turns the seasons of the year faster and faster it feels. A natural wonder.
 
A wonder of the modern world,  Al-Khazneh - the most elaborate temple in the ancient city of Petra carved out of the rock face in 1AD that I’ve been fortunate to visit five times in my desert escapades. A place I thought I’d never see in my earlier existence. 
 
An existence that was schooled in a half-timbered building recognised the world over as Shakespeare’s Schoolroom, that even now I feel privileged to have attended yet found hard to understand at the time. It did however shape the future person so I'm happy about that. 
 
To capture your world and your life and what’s important to you in six pictures is food for thought. Tomorrow I might change my mind and choose six very different pictures, which I might well do with a completely different rationale. I mean, it’s my world and my pictures.

I’d be interested in seeing how you see your world in your pictures. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have and please use PowerPoint to arrange them for you as I did here, it's really simple to do.

 

Have fun...


1,161 Marathons - 273 Ultras - 16 Marathon des Sables - 1 Life in 6 Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment