Thursday 1 January 2015

New Year's Day - U2

Lyric:- All is quiet on New Year's Day - Clayton, Evans, Hewson & Mullen

Song Choice:- Always been my Yearly kick off this one from the Irish Rockers. Some brilliant lines include 'Say it's true it's true'... which I really like as well as the great vocals from Old Bono himself. U2 at their career best perhaps, especially live from Redrocks?

Anyway, it's very quiet in Cardiff... in fact everywhere today, as folk take to the loacl parks for some very welcome fresh air and try to recover from their busy New Year's Parties. 

I wonder how many have already broken their New Year's Resolutions. Some of the people I saw looked rather jaded to say the least...

After the blowout, maybe you are going to do the Dryathlon? or have promised yourself a daily gym visit or are undertaking a complete life-overhaul...whatever it might be, I wish you every success as only 12% of you will still be succeeding in your quest by the end of January! The success rate is really poor as most folk pick stuff, they know they'll never keep to. Salt and Vinegar Crisps was my hardest one of quite a few over the years but if you know me well, if I say I'm going to do something, I will...and I have determination by the bucket load to make me feel very self-righteous.

From my own experience, it's a marvellous feeling to be one of the 12% but just like the above U2 lyric...sometimes it's best to 'Say it' as it can help make it TRUE. It worked in my case. At least help yourself and have a plan for the other 364 days of 2015 until you are reading this blog again making and then breaking the same promises you've just made.

What promises have YOU made for 2015? What have YOU broken already? Actually, who really cares...but YOU as it's down to YOU to make it happen...

Whilst it's quiet take in all the lyrics in the above song, why not make sure that 'Everything Changes on New Year's Day' so you can 'Break Through' to the 'Golden Age'...which it is, if you didn't know.

More tomorrow...cheers Bono...

No comments:

Post a Comment