Saturday 17 January 2015

Feeder - In a moment

Lyric:- Am I just like you?

Song Choice:- Just one of the best Anthems ever and a real stand out song from Feeder.

I had a stand out day at the 45* mile Country to Capital today as I predicted a 9:00 hour race time and notched in an 8:40 with loads left in the tank feeling great after the three marathons earlier on in the week.

The best part was just after crossing the easily missed Bull's Bridge and at exactly 30.43 miles I had one of my epiphany moments where the world went clear, everything made sense, the sun was shining and I just floated along totally effortlessly. Now Roxy Music sang 'Love is the Drug' but my Serotonin was completely maxed out right there and then at 30.43 miles.

If I could bottle it, I'll be a very rich man as earning it ain't so easy in the complete whiteout we all experienced earlier on today.

Let's hope I have enough endorphins to get me off the train when I get back to Cardiff.

Have you had a 30.43 mile experience today?

More tomorrow from a well earned rest day :-)

Rory Coleman - 884 Marathons - 231 Ultras
11 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 21 Years Alcohol Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment