Tuesday 13 January 2015

Red Rain - Peter Gabriel

Lyric:- Pouring down all over me - Gabriel

Song Choice:- One of the Master's finest anthems and an outstanding opener on his 1986 'So' album.

Well there was Red Rain today in Cardiff on my third marathon in four days of Marathon des Sables coaching. At twenty miles the skies actually went red and then a menacing black before hammering a massive downfall on MdS hopeful, Richard Williams and myself.

It didn't matter though as today really was a complete breeze of a run. I felt Totally relaxed and totally in tune with my body. No Aches, no Pains just the Rain to bask in and enjoy the fact that 26.2 miles is feeling as easy as it was on my 28 x 28 milers of last year.

That's the thing with getting fit for any marathon or ultra...you have to earn it - you can't buy it and once you've got it, it's real easy to lose it again.

Isn't ALL of life like that?

If you are afraid of hard work, in my book you're in the wrong game.

More tomorrow from a well earned day off :-)

Rory Coleman - 883 Marathons - 230 Ultras - 11 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 21 Years Alcohol Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment