Wednesday 21 January 2015

Sheep - Pink Floyd

Lyric:- 'Meek and obedient you follow the leader' - Waters


Song Choice:- One of my all-time classics. and I've chosen this track so many times I know but it's amazing how much of our lives we are just SHEEP.

So much of the life we know is based on what we are told or what we read. Every day I meet clients whom tell me facts about The Marathon des Sables and how they've been recommended some running shoes, ideal for the race based on what they've been told by a so-called expert in a shop who's never done the arce or what based they've read on an on-line forum or Facebook.

I'm on a bit of a One-Man Crusade right now to correct a lot of this 'Old Tosh' and along the way save folk a load of cash and a lot of lower leg injuries and get them to the start of the race in one piece ready to race and to the finish line and the medal...

Ok, it's a bit of a rant but it's gotten me thinking about other areas of our lives where we just believe what we are told or led to believe as being true. No wonder Qi has been so successful over the years as it's amazing how many myths and mysteries it's show to be totally untrue. I now know so many facts about a Blue Whale and why it's better to dress in Black than White in the desert. Then again, if we just accept what Mr Fry delivers in the show, are we just being Sheep again?

I worked running out on my own, made my own discoveries, successes and failures and know what’s what, it’s my job…I'm not a Sheep, are you?

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment