Sunday 13 October 2013

Catherine of Aragon - Rick Wakeman

They don't make 'em like this anymore...
I'm sure the Chika-Wacka Pomp Rock King, Rick Wakeman and his ridiculously ELP styled Six Wives of Henry the VIIIth is helping me thru the next part of my #Stoptober PTRD recovery. If you've never encountered the album, it was recorded in 1972 and I bought it over 30 years ago myself, have a listen on You Tube and you'll see what I mean.

I played the above track to Jenny, who just laughed of course as it sounds SO dated but for me it sounds very familiar and reminds me so much of my time on the road over the last month where I listened to so many songs by Wakeman's main band YES.

Music is VERY important to me and maybe these tunes provide a 'Comfort-Blanket' I can use when I'm being psychologically tested, as I am right now. I must admit that whilst finding my feet and returning to normal, it's helping me no end.

It's hard to explain how I feel a week on from all that running but if you've done something similar yourself, you'll understand its hard to put into words...maybe Tom Fitzsimons could also explain...

It did help that I had one of my MdS Training Days yesterday and I could deliver all my top-tips and advice to MdS hopefuls, Ben Bradshaw, Paul Fenton and Bruce Ironsmith... they were real fun to teach I really enjoyed my day and we ran a very solid 26.2 around Cardiff and Penarth in five hours dead. It felt really comfortable and it's remarkable how well I feel physically after so many recent marathons.

I'm sure being 7kgs lighter is having a massive effect on my lengths of endurance and confidence and it will be interesting to see how much race pace and how long it lasts at next weekend's Abingdon Marathon.

Today is going to be a Super-Sunday I'm going to have a lovely day off... I might be playing a bit more Rick or I might try a bit of ELP's Trilogy, now there's an Album!

www.COLEMANCOACHING.co.uk - The UK's Leading ULTRAmarathon Coaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment