Monday 14 October 2013

Double Vision - Foreigner


'I live all my years in a minute'.

All this running takes me back you know, and in a week where I am preparing my presentation for at this year's Marathon des Sables Expo, I'm thinking more and more on how I can encourage all those people I meet to go that extra mile and make a good job of spending their hard earned cash on the Sahara Experience.

Surely there's nothing worse than not preparing for something that's cost you an arm and a leg and then not enjoying the ride. Is there?

It's all about investment you see... Time, Energy and Emotion plus financial hardship along the way for most of the people that I encounter.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as guilty as anyone else in that department but not now I've got all those miles in my legs and all that extra body weight off my ageing body, I going to give it my best...

I'll be concentrating a lot on this topic in my blogs too this week and I did some double training today which I really enjoyed. Not a lot but just a couple of miles am/pm but the difference in pace between the two was remarkable and I'm sure I can train harder this way.

Maybe I can break that 3:30 marathon barrier again? Who knows eh?

www.COLEMANCOACHING.co.uk - The UK's Leading ULTRAmarathon Coaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment