Tuesday 22 October 2013

The Way of the World - Wishbone Ash


'Takes so long, flying high, I just love the way of the world' - Wisefield

It was back to earth with a bang today and even getting down the stairs proved to be a bit of it's own marathon if I'm being honest. I can't remember my quads being as painful as they were this morning, I even put some pervy full length quad guards on to relieve the pain.

I did venture out for a slow recovery run which started out at a ridiculously slow 13 minute mile pace but got easier and quicker by the time I finished a very simple 4.3 mile loop from home.

It did help and hopefully I won't be needing an industrial crane to lower me into the bath and a Stannah to get me down the stairs. I've got The Beachy Head Marathon on Saturday to get repaired for and I'm going to be taking it easy for the rest of the week.

It's amazing how 26 miles can really break you and 784 can't...

More tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment