Friday 22 December 2017

Welcome to the Pleasuredome - Frankie Goes to Hollywood

Lyrics:- 'Got to reach the Top'... Nash, O'Toole, Gill & Johnson

Now, I’m not aware of many songs with ‘Frankincense’ in the lyrics to use for my ‘Advent Blog’ today - so how about one with some  ‘Frankie-Sense’ instead? I’ve always loved ‘Welcome to the Pleasuredome’, especially the moment the long intro kicks into the main hook. It’s a classic piece of clever 'Trevor Horn Production' IMO.

Moving at one million miles an hour…
Anyway, in the lead up to Christmas, EVERYTHING is moving at one million miles an hour. Except the traffic in Cardiff and the shoppers in the City Centre that is. Folks Christmas Shopping would take half the time if they simply got a move on. A ‘Fast Lane’ like the one in Liverpool’s City Centre can’t come quick enough for me.

But then again, I’m just not your typical shopper. Amazon is SO good :-)

Shooting stars never stop...

Well they don’t do they? And to quote the American actress Lucille Ball, ‘If you want something done, ask a busy person to do it’ – and she’s not wrong? Looking back at 2017, I can’t think of a time when I wasn’t busy, in fact I can’t remember a time when I wasn’t. But that's me isn't it...

Hopefully the Christmas period will offer all of us the opportunity to recharging our batteries.

Keep moving on...

I’m looking forward to attacking 2018 with a full battery, ready to take on another fun-packed 365 days of ‘Ups and Downs’, with hopefully more ‘Ups’ than 'Downs'.

The World is my Oyster…
It’s something I’ve always believed and it’s such a great mantra. Every time I hear Holly Johnson say the line, it shouts a very clear message to me in 6ft high, bright neon-green letters that reminds me that the World is a huge place to explore and enjoy.

So, please enjoy some ‘Frankie-Sense’ this Christmas and 'Enjoy'.

Welcome to the Pleasuredome…

WELCOME...

Rory Coleman - rory@colemancoaching.co.uk
1,007 Marathons - 245 Ultras - 14 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records

No comments:

Post a Comment