Monday 5 February 2018

Watercolour - Pendulum

Throw your fists up, come on with me…
I simply love ‘Watercolour’ and have ‘Thrown my fists up’ many times listening to this Pendulum track, when I’ve been out there pounding out the miles - it’s no wonder it’s in my ‘Top 25 Played’ playlist on ‘i-Tunes.

Music’s played such a huge part in providing the drive I’ve needed to take on some of the world’s toughest challenges and races over the years – and I say that because I’ve used tracks such as ‘Watercolour’ to reach the ‘Out-of-body-state’ needed to achieve those goals.

You see, I’m often asked where that ‘Motivation’ comes from. Well, sadly it’s something you can’t buy or order online and I believe it comes from within. We all have ’Motivation’, you just have to find the right PIN number or Key to access it – and you have to have the ‘Desire’ to go and find it AND be prepared to go ‘Looking’.

I spend my life, helping people ‘Look’.

When I'm falling down, will you pick me up again?

When you’ve found it, remembering your ‘Motivation’ PIN number and not losing the ‘Motivation’ Key is the hardest part. How many times on social media do you see posts of people ‘Falling Down’ asking for their ‘Friends’ to help ‘Pick them up again’. There’s never a shortage of people posting superficial re-inflating messages of support, but I believe real 100% ‘Motivation’ is a far deeper emotion and something that can be super-powerful if used correctly.

When I'm too far gone, dead in the eyes of my friends...

Are you ‘Dead’? What would your ‘Friends’ say? I mean, just who are your real ‘Friends’ anyway? Do you really have any? Or a ‘Best Friend’? Or are YOU, your own ‘Best Friend’? Or Worst Enemy? Are you someone that has equal amounts of Krypton and Kryptonite in your psyche that neutralise your ambition?

Will you take me out of here when I'm staring down the barrel
When I'm blinded by the lights, when I cannot see your face?

It’s so easy to become ‘Blind’ or ‘Blinkered’ without even recognising the becalming effect of everyday life. Escape actually comes down to ‘Desire’, ‘Dedication’ and pure ‘Hard Work’.

Take me out of here…

Fighting your way out can be a very frightening thing to do. Folk tell me it is, all the time. Handing over their remote control to someone else after a lifetime of choosing their own path can be most unnerving.

All I believe, and all I've known, are being taken from me, can't get home…

And there’s the worry. I mean, what happens if then it all goes wrong? Well in truth, it rarely does – success is almost guaranteed. If it doesn’t go to plan, so what?

When worlds collide, let their fear collapse, bring no surprise…

And if you haven’t tried yet, isn’t it time you started. Lots of people ask me what ‘Freewheeling’ means during our Average2Awesome Programme lectures when being asked to choose negative words that might describe them and their colleagues from a list. The funny thing is, it’s often chosen to describe others yet hardly ever for themselves.

Maybe it’s time for a ‘Personal Revolution’ – Time to Paint a fresh image – a time to break-free from the chains of mediocracy and…

Feed the fire, break your vision
Throw your fists up, come on with me…

What do you think?

Rory Coleman - rory@colemancoaching.co.uk - 24 Years' Alcohol Free
1,009 Marathons - 245 Ultras - 14 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records

No comments:

Post a Comment