Tuesday 22 January 2019

Life's what YOU make it - Talk Talk

Yikes, how was ‘Blue Monday’ for you? Yes, according to popular belief the 21stJanuary will be the most depressing day of the year. I’m not so sure folk buried in ‘Brexit’ would agree as the 29th March might just top that, but the third Monday of January is a stand out day of gloom for many as its three weeks post-Christmas and New Year and still two-weeks ‘til Pay-Day.

I’m not quite sure why any negative propaganda is really necessary about January as it’s a really positive month in my calendar as it’s where plans are made both for me and my clients - it's where the seeds of a New Year are planted. Life has it’s seasons – And okay it's sometime since I enjoyed ‘The Spring of Youth’ but at 56 (57 soon), I’m getting the most out of my ‘Late Summer’.

Baby, life's what you make it, can't escape it
Baby, yesterday's favourite, don't you hate it?

YES - the clocks ticking for all of us and expending a lot of our energy wishing ‘Time’ away I believe is a waste of ‘Time’ and why not take a look at what you’ve achieved so far this year. Okay, it might sound a little premature but take a look and you might be surprised. I've already made a film, spoken at Eton College and helped countless people find their feet. If you look closely enough, I bet you can find at least three stand-out things you’ve already accomplished and maybe a few more if you dig a little deeper.

Baby, life's what you make it
Celebrate it, anticipate it…

And when you’ve considered the things you’ve achieved – Celebrate them. There’s a tendency to skip onto the next goal and ignore SUCCESS. Either that or waste even more valuable time dissecting the negative aspects. Once the day's gone - it's history.

Yesterday's faded, nothing can change it
Life's what you make it…

So, with that in mind, my message is pure and simple today – ‘Make the most of every single day as ‘It’s what you achieve, not what you have, that defines you’…

1,029 Lifetime Marathons, 250 ULTRA-marathons9 Guinness World Records, 
15 Marathon des Sables & 25 Years' Dry

No comments:

Post a Comment