Tuesday 15 October 2019

Fascination - Alphabeat

We love this exaltation, we want the new temptations…

Alphabeat are from Silkeborg in Denmark, and ‘Fascination’ was a major hit in the UK in the Summer of 2008. It’s such an upbeat song and the title fits my thoughts perfectly today after yesterday’s ‘Fascinating’ A + B + C = Quotebox. And when I wrote ‘Fascinating’ as a comment on FB to the above equation, I was questioned ‘Why Fascinating?’- so here goes…

I love to see how folk think and how they try and answer a question that in this case has no answer. There were some good attempts though and ‘F’ is a really well thought one, as F=6. (A)1 + (B)2 + (C)3 = (F)6. Nice. I know it’s definitely not ‘D’ as I always use ‘A + B + C doesn’t  = D’ to illustrate that things tend never to go to plan or make a logical sequence.
Anyway, across all my social media platforms and in PMs there were many such proposed solutions. It also got to the stage where folk started ‘Overthinking’ a logical solution when of course there isn’t one.

Well it's like a revelation, we live on fascination…

So why do we need answers?

Earlier, I wrote a plain ‘37’ as my answer. There’s no reason for ‘37’ but ‘A + B + C = 37’ just sounded kinda cool – and that’s good enough for me. I was asked if it was how old I was when I cleaned my act up but this again was someone's brain trying to attribute a relevance to the ‘A + B + C =’ Question. For the record the answer to that one was 31 of course.

To my mind, it simply doesn’t matter what A or B or C is or what it stands for or adds up to. What matters is that it’s a simple way of showing how irrelevant a lot of our thought processes are and how much time we waste trying to fathom out the unfathomable. I wonder how much time I’ve wasted looking for patterns that simply are totally random and without reason.

You see, life doesn’t have all the answers and the equation ‘A + B + C =’ is as complex as DNA itself and far more complicated than I’ll ever be able to understand so, my ‘37’ is a good enough answer. See what ‘A + B + C =’ really means to you and if you go with the flow and can think about the equation without it having any kind of reasoning attached. You might find the answer fascinating if you can unleash your imagination or mind-blowing and downright annoying if you can’t.

QED.

1,045 Marathons, 254 Ultras. 9 Guinness World Records and 15 Marathon des Sables

No comments:

Post a Comment