Thursday 30 April 2020

Get the Message - Electronic

I've always thought of you as my brick wall…
Well, it’s the end of a most extraordinary April. Thirty days where we’ve been exposed to a huge amount of information both in the media and online. It’s been a time of huge change and acceptance for most and as a broadcaster of such online information, I thought I’d investigate what I’ve been broadcasting to anyone prepared to listen.

Isn't it sweet?
So on close inspection, I’ve posted every day in April, using my tried and tested ‘Quotebox’ method on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. Of the twenty-five quotes (above) from 1st - 25th April, they appear to fall into one of four message categories:-

  • Inspiration
  • Inquisition
  • Instruction
  • Imitation.

Inspiration
Interestingly, only 10/25 fell into the ‘Inspirational’ zone. The main reason, I believe, for broadcasting my thought for the day. And as a ‘Transformation Coach’ - surely my ‘raison d'être’, a key daily message - a catalyst for personal reform. My aim to post a thought provoking statement to change lives forever – with a 40% ‘inspiration’ success rate.

Inquisition
For the want of a better word beginning with ‘In’, where instead of being Inspirational, my quote was in fact more of a question. In my quest for delivering ‘Inspiration’, luckily only 2/25 of my ‘Quotes’ asked for a direct response.A waste perhaps, as the questions go unanswered.

Instruction
These were the days where I delivered a simple message of personal ‘improvement’. A surprising 36% where my daily messages said ‘Do this’ in a variety of combinations, at maximum volume in some cases. And when I say ‘Surprising’ I’m genuinely ‘Surprised’ as my aim is to lead, not to shout.

Imitation
When I hear or see something that’s inspired me, I like to share it. Yes, it can be a lyric from the Bee Gees - ‘Stayin’ Alive’ or Kate Bush’s - ‘Sensual World’ or dialogue from a TV Show or Film that’s resonated with me. So folk can enjoy them as well, I always name the source for a quick ‘Google’. The songs especially always highlight to me how it felt to live through those times – from artists that I admire for their sheer skill and creativity. There’s no need for my list of ‘twenty albums that have made an impact on me’ – if you are a regular blog reader, you’ll already know what they are.

Take my independent point of view…
And of course, it’s only how I see and perceive the world around me – it’s designed purely to provoke thought and inspire and following my investigation I’ll endeavour to be more ‘Inspirational’. Especially, as we continue to endure our toughest challenge in living history.

Getting my Message?

1,052 Marathons, 255 Ultras, 9 Guinness World Records & 15 Marathon des Sables

No comments:

Post a Comment