Wednesday 6 September 2017

Get Ready - New Order

Making ORDER out of Chaos...
… I'll be there for you when you want me to - Gilbert, Morris, Hook & Sumner

I've played this album many times over the years, especially during my London-to-Lisbon Run in 2004, and on Lady Coleman's Malin-to-Mizen Guinness World Record in 2011. It became an anthem that accompanied both challenges and it's an album that I now associate with the concept of 'Journey'.

Let's face it, we are all on a journey...

New Order's bass player, Peter Hook said of the album's title 'The title of the album is Get Ready so it could mean anything or nothing. I thought it was just nice; New Order, Get Ready; 'cause we are, we're getting ready for the next phase of our musical lives both physically and mentally, so it's quite a simple thing but it's very pertinent'.

It feels pertinent to me too and where I find myself right now.

Planning and preparation is the key to any successful trip I've made over the years and I need to take some time out after #1000marathons to consider where my path will take me next.

You see there are implications from the Gullain-Barre Syndrome that I still need to process and need more time to recover from, if I'm going to get back to something near my former self. Some days I feel great and some days it just grates... blocking that out takes a lot of energy.

What drives me on is that my recovery is in fact a lot better than a lot of folk would have expected, and in that respect I'm grateful and I'm going to up the ante so now it's time to "Get Ready'...


There's a New Order coming...

Rory Coleman - 999 Marathons - 244 Ultras - 14 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 8,645 Days' Alcohol Free - 493 Days' post GBS
Location: Cardiff, Wales.

No comments:

Post a Comment