Thursday 13 June 2019

Overnight Success - The Pointer Sisters

Success really doesn’t come in pill form. 


One of my clients (We’ll call him John Evers) suggested that I should join a few weight-loss Facebook Groups and surreptitiously spread the gospel of ULTRAdiet to the dieting masses. On being accepted into one such group with 844,000 members (Promising I thought) I was instantly informed that posts promoting my services or products would instantly be removed and blocked but to my amazement, most of the posts were just that - even though they were ‘approved’ first by the group admin advertised weight-loss pills and guava leave products that could not only help with weight-loss but could cure any ailment from diarrhoea to bowel cancer were all over it.

Other posts were mainly from women looking for fast ways of losing weight, for an upcoming event, or the simple desire for a flatter stomach. None I saw mentioned how they actually ‘felt’ about being overweight and how they were mentally going to change. Sure, there were folk showing amazing weight-loss transformations but in reality, these most were attempts ‘under the radar’ to promote instant weight-loss and more guava products. There were very few 'Lifestyle Makeovers' like the ones I help create.

Sure there were a few tougher ‘Coleman’ type messages saying, ‘Eat less and exercise more’ but these were less prominent against those demanding ‘Instant Fixes’. 

Before leaving the group, I did post some encouraging words that would hopefully help people see a brighter future rather than just another quick fix and left wiser but sadly no richer.

If only I could bottle ULTRAdiet John, and sell it in pill form...

1,039 Marathons - 25 Years' of Sobriety - 3 Years post Guillain-Barre Syndrome

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete