Monday 7 November 2022

Desire - U2


A question I often ask, especially when I'm speaking to new clients is, ‘Just how much do you want it?’ More than often, their replies tell me - not enough. But then that could be down to the chosen goal. Sure, if someone wants to run the Marathon des Sables, and has invested their £4K, well the commitment has already been made. However, I find that men in particular post forty, that might have expanded waistlines and constricted arteries, are less so committed.

It’s as though they're 'weight-blind' and just want to pay for their unhealthy lifestyle to go away, wipe the slate clean and then carry on abusing themselves until another future detox is required. The sheer impudence of my suggesting that on current trend they could be leaving this world up to fifteen years early - is seen as an act of sheer brutality and uncalled for. But how else can a depth charge of this magnitude be discharged.

 

The truth is, it’s not really news to them - it’s an already known but there’s never a good day to pluck up the courage to make the changes that are needed.

 

Clean living in your 40’s will hopefully get you to 80 and beyond. Just six months of less booze, quality food and daily exercise can change the rest of what’s left of life into a much brighter future. It’s a simple choice to make. A flick of a switch, that can be made today. And then decide tomorrow to do the same and so on.

 

Believe me, it’s better than winning the lottery if you buy this ticket for life. My advice, if you are thinking about giving this a go, is to see what a new life can bring as I bet it’s better than the one it’s bringing you right now.

 

So here are two questions you could ask yourself:-

 

Q - How much do I want it?

Q - What is it that you are wanting anyway?

 

I'd love to know the answers...


1,143 Marathons - 269 Ultras - 15 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records

No comments:

Post a Comment