Thursday 27 April 2017

Senses working overtime - XTC

A Bit of Turner...
Lyrics:- 'And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste, and I've got one, two, three, four, five' - Partridge

Song Choice:- Wow, it's ages since I heard an XTC song, but this 1982 Top-Ten hit came to mind earlier on as my senses went into overtime following my breakfast talk at FDU this morning in London. Presenting always gets my pulse going and afterwards I thought I'd unwind with a couple of hours at The National Gallery to clear my thoughts and play on my won for while as I did when I was a child.

The frightening thing was, it only charged my heightened 'State of Mental Alert' and even the '19th Century Gallery' with Turner's 'Fighting Temeraire' and Wright's 'Experiment on a Bird in the Air Pump' couldn't defib my brain and get me processing at a 'White Bikini State' level.

A stroll past Big Ben and across Westminster Bridge did that for me and my own state of vunerablity finally hit home and normal heart rate restored. I'm hope lightning would never strike twice there but it was amazing how folk looked far more aware of the people around them and their movements - it's not surprising though is it?

I'm looking forward to travelling back to Cardiff tonight and I'm going to take some well earned time out to reflect on what's happened over the last three days and consider where my path is going next...

These are exciting times for us all and having a 'Time Out' often helps to clear the mind.

When was the last time you had a 'Time Out'?

Rory Coleman - 989 Marathons - 243 Ultras - 14 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 8,513 Days' Alcohol Free
Inspirational Running Memoir - Get your copy here.
Location: Caerdydd, Cymru

No comments:

Post a Comment