Monday 17 April 2017

Watercolour - Pendulum

Lyrics:- Feed the fire, break your vision, throw your fists up, come on with me - Swire Thompson

Song Choice:- There's nothing better that Pendulum to get the maximum out of any fist pump in my opinion. And two days post completing Marathon des Sables I'm experiencing the Post Race Euphoria that everyone gets when they've battered themselves over 237km of Saharan sand.

For some it was a few Kms too far and their unfinished business might take another 365 days to realise. For others the Euphoria Bubble pops today when we hit the tarmac at Gatwick when the world they escaped from on April 7th comes and hits them firmly flat in the face and the grind of normal life takes hold once again.

It's going to be a strange transition for them as they settle back into normality - however, it doesn't have to be that way as in my world nothing is normal and opportunity and adventure are present on a daily basis, if you only look out for it I've found.

But hey, that's not my priority today as I'm just looking forward to being back home with Lady C and the Boys and throwing my fists up with them.

Rory Coleman - 989 Marathons - 243 Ultras
14 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 8,503 Days' Alcohol Free.
Location: Ouarzazate

No comments:

Post a Comment