Sunday 24 June 2018

Stripsearch - Faith No More

Pretty stripped bare I'd say...
Bit like buses these Faith No More songs, and I’ve again been blown away, this time by ‘Stripsearch’. What a complete belter and best listened to in the largest expanse of landscape and blue sky available you'll find. You see, that’s where I heard it for the first time and had the feeling of being a very small dot on a very big planet.

And somehow, still fully clothed, stripped to the bone.

‘The heat is gone, time is gone, F for fake’...

It’s a bit of a weird feeling, mildly euphoric and slightly out of body if you know what I mean and sensual rather than sexual. I really did have a feeling of being stripped bare though which was very exciting and only heightened by the music.

‘I feel no wrong, hide no wrong, I love this place’...

You never know it could be heatstroke or mild senility setting in but being stripped back I felt good about life, (life without much wrong in it) and feeling genuinely at peace with the world.

‘Only way to change, Give yourself away, don't be ashamed’...

Now I’m not saying get out there and find a big field, get your gear off and be at one with nature. It might help though and if you do, you can then use it as a reference point for when things aren’t so complicated.

‘In these days, I'm breathing stone, crying stone’...

You see, we all have those kinda days, weeks, years and even lives in some cases hoping for change that never comes.

And what I do know is it’s all down to each and every one of us to make the most of who we are and what we’ve got. Most folk start off with a working brain and 206 bones only to go downhill from there - without ever having a 'Stripsearch Moment'... which is kinda tragic as I’ve had far too many now over the years.

‘I'll leave alone, arrive alone, love this place’...

So, why not give it a go as you’ve got nothing to lose - especially if you want to know what it's like to have nothing covering your inner soul.

‘Stripped to the bone, truth is my name, give yourself away’...

And let me know how you get on. You never know, you might find the person you’ve been looking for all these years.

1,020 Marathons - 246 Ultras - 15 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records

No comments:

Post a Comment