Tuesday 18 December 2018

Breathe - The Prodigy

MdS 2018 - Photo Ian Corless
Breathe with me, breathe the pressure…

As Christmas fast approaches, I feel this year has simply flashed by - has it for you too? In a blink it was already April and I was running in the Sahara Desert, then the UK followed suit and we had a desert of a long hot summer (remember that?) and now it’s nearly 2019 and all wet, dark and dreary. They say ‘Time Flies’ and it sure does – maybe it’s an older person kinda thing and post ‘Brexit’ it will slow down again, like the nation’s economy and mood – somehow it feels like we’re all doomed.

Luckily, it’s been far brighter in my world in 2018 and looking back over the year in more detail, it’s amazing just how many people’s lives I’ve been privileged to be part of (you know who you are). The people I’ve worked with have been truly AWESOME and I believe it doesn’t matter where I’ve been or what I’ve done myself, it’s been the people I’ve met along the way that’s made it special – thank you.

If I was trying to distil the magical ingredient that’s made it happen, well maybe simply taking time out to ‘Breathe’ is all that folk needed to point their world in a fresh and more positive direction – they just needed was to ‘Breathe’ with someone else.

Come play my game, I'll test ya, psychosomatic, addict, insane…

I started ‘Playing my Game’ with a fresh set of rules back in 1994 and they’ve served me well over the years to various levels of success. Okay, it hasn’t been all rosy but ask me if I’d do it all again or if I’m unhappy with any aspect of it and I can confidently say that I’m cool with whom I am, where I am and what I do. Getting older ain’t great but I’m enjoying the ride. I believe it’s something I feel the folk I meet and work with are all searching for.

Inhale, inhale, you're the victim…

No-one should be a victim. Everyone has ‘Value’. Everyone is ‘Elite’ and Everyone can ‘Succeed’ in 2019 – you just have to take in a ‘Deep Breath’ and make it happen. ‘Breathe’ with ME.

Come play my game, exhale, exhale, exhale… I’m here to help.

Nadolig Llawen

1,029 Lifetime Marathons, 250 ULTRA-marathons9 Guinness World Records & 15 Marathon des Sables

No comments:

Post a Comment