Friday 3 May 2019

One Slip - The Pink Floyd

I just hate it when people give up, especially when just the tiniest of things go wrong and cloud the day – it’s something that really upsets me. I hope the folk chasing their goals that ‘give up’ find it just as upsetting. You see, it’s been a right dichotomy of a week. I found Sunday’s London Marathon totally uplifting. The whole experience boosted my thoughts on being the best version of oneself. 

Seeing so many of my clients’ surpass their race-predictions underlined what can be achieved with hard work and devotion to task. Tuesday’s ULTRAdieters results added more faith as I added more names to my ‘Two Stones+ Lost Club’ – it made me feel super-proud.

Sadly though, it’s not a perfect world and however heartening all the above is – it’s the folk that I see ‘give up’ that I want to help the most. If you’ve been following my daily ‘Quote Boxes’ you will have probably noticed the theme.

‘One slip and down the hole we fall’… my favourite. In fact, the 1987 ‘One Slip’ track by The Pink Floyd, has some brilliant lyrics that underline how I feel about one tiny upset ruining the ‘Big Picture’ journey. A bit like how I am with the folk I work with that momentarily lose their way.

I can think of many instances in my life where it would have been far too easy to have given up when faced with both major and minor obstacles either to circumnavigate or simply take on the chin. I can also think about the times I have ‘given up’ and the common theme perhaps is that I just wasn’t committed enough in the first place or had the required appetite for success.

I mean, why say you are going to do something, if you don’t even believe you will yourself.

Okay, there are many people who start full of good intentions and It made me wonder for instance how many ‘Only went once’ gym memberships there have ever been or alternatively how many running careers have lasted just one ‘Park-Run’. It’s such a shame when success and happiness is only a matter of weeks away for most. 

In 12-weeks, it’s possible to lose a lot of weight and take 30-minutes off your marathon PB – To change one’s whole outlook on life.

 ‘A Momentary Lapse of Reason’ is all it takes to make it turn to dust – However ‘A Moment of Reason’ is all it takes to make it happen. Start making it happen today.

1,036 Marathons, 250 Ultras, 9 Guinness World Records & 15 Marathon des Sables

No comments:

Post a Comment