Sunday 16 September 2018

Begin Again - Knife Party

A Chocolate Box Viewpoint...
Knife Party are an Australian electronic music duo comprising Rob Swire and Gareth McGrillen, two members of the drum and bass band Pendulum (One of my favourite bands if you know me well). 'Begin Again' is the stand-out track from their debut album, 'Abandon Ship'. Take a look and see if you get my vibe for today's blog about my thoughts about the creating your future-self.

‘Is there somewhere else to be, is there another way to feel’…

You see, for a lot of people they can’t see a future. Any change from their current situation is completely unthinkable and there’s no possible way out of their current ‘Life-Treacle’. Sure, we can find ourselves unhappily driven down a one way street without a hope of finding reverse but there is always a solution and a different viewpoint that can produce some positive vibes and a ‘Get out of Jail Free’ solution. Sometimes, we tend to go with the flow and act in the way we expect people would expect – especially in these days of social media, but I believe a more candid self-assessment works wonders in building a brighter future.

‘The lost pieces all over, getting closer’…

Oh, I do love a jigsaw reference in a blog and here goes – You see, I truly believe we try to live out life far too perfectly – trying to build the perfect ‘Chocolate Box’ jigsaw picture when in reality a lot of the pieces are missing or are jumbled up from other puzzles. To fix this in myself, I relate every day to being a piece of a life-long jigsaw of unlimited pieces that I’ve been slowly building these past 9,000 days - The ‘Ultimate 9,000 piece Jigsaw so far’

‘Hold up your hands and begin again, hold up your hands when you reach the end’…

Knowing when to start the rebuilding process, well there’s the rub. It’s far too easy to immediately say, ‘Right NOW’, ‘This is IT’ or ‘This is MY time’ – I believe it takes a proper in-depth thought process to grab the right time and approach to really make things happen – that’s when you hold your hands up and begin again. A positive, deep thought process on a ‘Not today decision’ always works wonders, making things up as you go along or going with the flow doesn’t produce good long-term results I’ve found.

‘We live and we work and we die for it, we know our path and we fight for it’…

And there’s the commitment, the die-hard approach. The knowledge that whatever happens, nothing and I mean NOTHING will ever challenge or change your thought process on whatever direction you are taking. I don’t know about you but I’m a fighter. I fight for what I believe. In my experience whatever happens, wherever we find ourselves, no matter how dire a situation is – you CAN ‘Begin Again’ – Amen.

1,024 Marathons - 248 Ultras - 15 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete