Monday 23 September 2019

Different - Pendulum

It’s a great track and well worth a listen. I always feel pumped when I listen to Pendulum and this hit my iPod mid-run, mid-rain today. And it got me thinking…

Don't hide baby, let them see your true colours…

What is it that makes you different from all the rest? It’s a question I asked in this mornings in my ‘Quotebox’ too. I mean, just what is it, that sets you apart from everyone else on the planet. You see we are all unique - even twins have different fingerprints, yet we are programmed even at an early age to fit in with the crowd.

Don't mind the camera, let them see your black heart tonight… 

Personally, I’ve always been happy to stand out from the crowd and be different. It hasn’t made me any more likeable, in fact quite the opposite, but it does mean that I have my own opinion and I’m able to make up my own mind without feeling the need to please anyone else. I have complete freewill on that.

Don't hide baby, show them just how deep it goes…

And yes, I don’t feel I have to hide about who I am or what I do. Not many can say that. How deep it goes, well that’s to the bone and it always will be. If you’ve ever had a life threatening illness then you’ll know just how the world changes and how much your thoughts change towards situations or people that are simply wasting your time.

Don't mind the cameras, let them see your black heart baby…

Black Heart? Warm Heart I’d say. Well warm if you know me as what you see is what you get. Being different means that you can be more honest about yourself and more honest to other people - it cuts out a lot of the Professional BS that we are surrounded by every day of our lives. 

Time to toughen up perhaps, stick out from the crowd and say what you mean this week - what do you think?

1,045 Marathons, 254 Ultras, 9 Guinness World Records, 15 Marathon des Sables
1 Very Different Person

No comments:

Post a Comment