Friday 20 September 2019

Future's Bright - Richard Ashcroft

If you haven't seen the film Adjustment Bureau, then you've missed a 'Cinematic Classic IMHO. Matt Damon plays a brilliant Matt Damon with the beautiful Emily Blunt in tow. The film's soundtrack features the music of Thomas Newman and especially today's featured track 'Future's Bright' - co-written with Richard Ashcroft of 'The Verve' fame. 

Everywhere I look, I can see the faith...

Now, I've never been the biggest Ashcroft fan but the lyrics when read in full make amazing reading - real modern day poetry if that exists? They paint a wonderful bright outlook on life and the future. They also feel very personal somehow. I mean I can see and do see the 'Faith' in folk - every day. You see 'Faith' equals 'Hope' in my book and I see hope all around me, in everyone I meet. I mean we are all hoping aren't we? - we all have 'Faith'. It's just hidden away right deep down yet it's right in front of our eyes.

Reflecting back at me, and now I'm in this fate...

Although we can believe in 'Fate', or put things that happen to us down to 'Fate' - I believe we're able shape our own 'Future's' to a certain degree and feel that 'Fate' is more controllable that you imagine. When you look in the mirror and see your reflection looking back you, you don't only see yourself but you also see your surroundings. Where you are in that one moment, where your life-journey has taken you with your life to date etched into your features and reflected in line's around your eyes.

I'm shaking all the hands, I'm doing all the plan...

So try this...How about this weekend trying to let some light into your darkness. Draw some of the last of the Summer-Sun's rays deep inside and feel the 'Brightness' lighten up your world. There's nothing better than feeling good. After all, that's what we all yearn for isn't it? I also love the 'shaking hands reference'? Shaking someone's hand's a warm sign of welcome isn't it. A sign that says I'm not a threat. A sign that says I won't hurt you. It's kinda reassuring and as for the plan - well make one and follow it and that will also ignite your future. 

I guess I'm in control, and look how high it goes...

I feel I'm in control a lot of the time but are we ever fully in control? I seem to get tripped up by some unforeseen mishap when things are going well or trip myself up by being over-enthusiastic or misread. My current mission is to keep trying to reduce such occurrences and keep believing that the 'Future's Bright' - so bright that we'll need more than shades.

Amen

1,045 Marathons, 254 Ultras, 9 Guinness World Records & 15 Marathon des Sables

No comments:

Post a Comment