Tuesday 17 September 2019

Show me a Reason - The Tubes

With my mind still thinking 1978, here’s another long forgotten band with some great tunes. The Tubes. I saw them at the peak of the 'Punk Rock Era' one night at the Hammersmith Odeon being supported by Squeeze of all bands. Anyway if you get a chance have a listen to their double live album 'What do you want from Live' and re-live part of my youth with me. The lyrics of the above track 'Show me a Reason' feel quite apt today as I continue with my mission of helping folk re-discover their love for life.

There was a time, there was a place
When all the good things in life disappeared, without a trace.

As they do – just as things are looking peachy too. Every time – for everyone as you will never live without life-challenges not only to your bank balance but to your health too.

You got yourself a deal, beg, borrow, or steal
Baby, heart and soul, I don't want to get old

And grab it with both hands as life-changing offers don’t come every day of the week. They could actually be a once-in-a-lifetime offer. One that you’d be mad to refuse or miss out on. One that doesn’t even need a reason or explanation – A complete ‘No-Brainer’.

I got a shot, I got a chance, to make it real to real this time.

So take it… while there’s still a chance – It’s a Totally Non-Risk Item.

1,045 Marathons, 254 Ultras, 9 Guinness World Records & 15 Marathon des Sables

No comments:

Post a Comment