Monday 30 September 2019

How Soon is Now - The Smiths

When you say it's gonna happen 'now', well, when exactly do you mean?
The first few days of the week are always special. You see, they are full of 'Success'. Well, 'Reflected Success' if I'm being honest, as it's a time when I hear tales of goals being beaten, pb's being smashed and excess-weight being simply melted away. And it's easy to shout long and hard about how brilliant it all is, but then there are always the times when there's an odd one out that stops you in your tracks and makes you think on.

Now, I'm the first one to admit I'm far from perfect and just as mortal as the next man. Yet I'm still feeling very numb about a person I spoke to only six weeks ago about the possibility of working together. Being less than 50 and overweight at 20st and having, suffered a first heart attack - I felt perfectly placed to help turn this person's life round and possibly help them enjoy a long future life of health and happiness. Whether I fitted their idea of a Lifestyle Coach or whether it was cost prohibitive - I will only ever have their word for it but I yesterday I heard this person had died in their sleep. 

Now, I'll never know if I could have made a difference but I hope it wouldn’t have played out the way it did - I'll never know. The only thing I will have is the text saying - 'I'll have to think about it', which is what I'm doing today, only thinking more - what if? 

I'm not sure if you'll understand where I'm coming from. Sad and Helpless doesn't even start to cut it. All I can say is that if you are thinking of reaching out, even if I'm not the right person, please do as 'Now' or even sooner...'Money shouldn't be an object'.

Amen.

1 Life - Live it...

No comments:

Post a Comment