Tuesday 7 August 2018

All in my Head - Kosheen

Wow, it's busy in there...
Fifteen years on from the hot of summer of 2003 and ‘All in my Head’ sounds just as good as it did all the way back then. It became a real ‘Life Anthem’ for me and the lyrics still speak volumes and really resonated, when it popped up in my headphones yesterday. It’s well worth a listen to see where I’m coming from  and for the pop-historians amongst you it was co-written by Sian Evans (originally from Caerphilly) and reached #7 in the UK Charts.

For me the lyrics are full of energy and promise – or perhaps of personal realisation? See what you think…

‘Are we flying high, spinning in our time, living life and loving free, this is where I want to be, come on’…


See what I mean? The song is full of the values I write of so often. About living life to the full - right here and right now. So why do WE make it SO hard for ourselves? What is it within our DNA that makes us do things the hard way?

Yikes it's hard...

I often ask folk where life on this planet of ours takes place… and the answer is always ‘In my head’. And there’s the answer, I believe, to a much brighter future for us all. We can do anything - achieve far more than our wildest dreams and be the person we’ve always wanted to be with the right ‘Mindset’. More and more I find folk just haven’t got the ‘Drive’ or  ‘Killer Quality’ needed to realise their aspirations. As a society we are distilling this out of our future generations. Non-competitive sports-days and everyone being Super-Politically-Correct and GDPR friendly is wrecking the honesty we need for success. From being Awesome - we are becoming really Average.

How rubbish is that? Or are you too scared to comment?

Personally, I don’t care much for such personal limitations and in my 'Black and White World’ there’s no time to waste as I’m where I want to be and I’m saying to you today ‘Come on’ buck your ideas up - The only person holding you back is you. 

The limits are ‘All in your head’.

1,022 Marathons - 248 Ultras - 15 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records

No comments:

Post a Comment