Wednesday 27 April 2016

Mr X - Ultravox

Lyric:- 'I found the perfect picture, of a perfect stranger' - Ure

Song Choice:- I'm sure we've all wanted to be a 'Mr X' at sometime in our lives and I for one would like to blend into the background and watch the world unfold before my eyes from an arms length from the blue-touch paper of life.

Sadly it doesn't always work like that and sometimes one has to take one for the team and concentrate desires and demands on giving ourselves the space to breathe rather than the sir we need to do it with..

Going forwards, one has to consider where we'll all be in 10, 20 or even 30 years time. I'm not sure if I'll even be here, but you might well be. Whether we will be perfect strangers, well I again don't know. I do know that if I've ever met you on my 54 year career curve I set off on, way back in 1962, I will remember where and when - cos, I'm like that.

Never forgetting a face but remembering those around us takes great skill and judgement, enough to make a second generation of perfect stranger matching virtually impossible to those in the know.

If you think you know the perfect stranger, I wonder if you actually do - or if one actually exists. Being perfect at anything takes a huge amount of effort as we all know (read yesterday's blog) and if that's what you are serving for - well the best of luck to you, as you are going to need it.

For me, I'm going to stick with being Mr X for a while and enjoy the sounds of 1981 with a really underrated group that I simply loved at the time.

Rory Coleman™
International & Celebrity Performance Coach
976 Marathons, 241 ULTRA-marathons, 9 Guinness World Records, 13 Marathon des Sables & 22 Years' Alcohol Free
Counting down to my 1000th Marathon at the Robin Hood Marathon - 25th September 2016 – Only 24 to go…
48 Pembroke Road, Cardiff, CF5 1QR, Wales – UK
T – 02920 255822   M – 07866 477051   Skype – ULTRArory   W – www.colemancoaching.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment