Thursday 21 April 2016

Sign O' The Times - Prince

Lyric:- You turn on the telly and every other story is tellin' you somebody died Prince.

Song Choice:- Well I've decided to mark Prince's life with one of his finest offerings IMO which I hope you like too.

In a year where more celebrities are popping their clogs than ever, it feels very sad that such a global music artist as Prince only got to 57...maybe it's the 'Live Fast, Die Young' thing and in that case it maybe it isn't all it's cracked up to be?

I'm sure the money, the fame and the adulation would appeal to folk, me included BUT not at the cost of a premature untimely death. For those of us about circa 1000 days from that 57 year particular milestone, it's a very chilling thought. You see, another three years just isn't long enough to accomplish the things I still want to do.

Having spent some time today, planning out my next 25 marathons, to get to the magical 1,000 it really eased my mind and it's given me some structure to the months ahead and a good solution to my Marathon des Sables post traumatic race disorder...

Hopefully, if you are feeling blue there's something on your horizon to lift your spirits and get your mojo back on the road.

Life's short, shorter than ever and think on about Prince...it's a Sign O' the Times...

Rory Coleman - 975 Marathons - 241 Ultras
13 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 8142 Days' Alcohol Free.

Location:Cardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment