Thursday 24 September 2015

Forever Autumn - Justin Hayward

Lyric:- 'The summer sun is fading as the year grows old, and darker days are drawing near' - Wayne, Osbourne & Vigrass

Song Choice:- Well it was just too easy to choose it as it's my favourite Autumn themed song and as we've just passed this year's Autumnal Equinox it seems only right somehow...

Anyway, it's a beautiful time of year in Wales with all the colours in the local parks and Autumn is always a special time of year for anyone trying to crack in a fast marathon time. Over the last 20 years I've juggled with many September/October Marathons and ULTRA's but this weekend I'm going to run my 15th Robin Hood Marathon, in Nottingham, my absolute Road Marathon favourite.

I can quite believe I've run it that many times...back in 1995 it was a very quick 3.30.55 which seemed a really easy run out at the time, 10 years later it was my 500th Marathon and this weekend it will be my 931st. 

Is it really 20 years ago since I ran that first Robin Hood? 

My how time flies...

And that got me thinking...Oh dear you say, but please go with the flow here. It got me thinking about life in four seasons and before you think I'm getting morbid, I'm not, I'm just trying to get a handle on where I am in my life's cycle right now.

My brain and the math goes like this. I hope to get to see my 100th Birthday on 6th February 2062 and that William and Kate will send me my well earned telegram on the day, if they both make it! So, if I take my age now of 53 against the 100 as a percentage and then proportion that against 365 days of the year, I get to 12 August on my birthday this year and next year at 54 I'll be enjoying the 16th August. Therefore right now I'm in the afternoon of 15th August. Nice...

A sort of late Summer date rather than an early Autumn one which is actually better than I thought it would be. A proper 'Turnkey' solution. 

Right now I'm in the middle of my Mid-life Summer Holiday, and luckily I feel like I'm enjoying living in the warmth of everything that life can shine down on me before I tip into Autumn for real on the 30th September, when I hit the grand age of 75.

I've got ages yet!

Even better, Winter is really January to March but I've counted that as Spring in my way of thinking so in effect I'll be able 'kick my way through Autumn's Golden Gown for the rest of my days as Jeff Wayne so rightly puts it, 'My life will be forever autumn' from here on in! 

So what about you? Where are you right now in your life?

Have your trees already lost their leaves and are you already in December?

Made me think!


More tomorrow from August 15th...

No comments:

Post a Comment