Tuesday 29 September 2015

When I met you - Banks

Lyric: - 'Everyone knows I'm right about one thing' - Banks

Song Choice:- This song goes perfectly with the 10th season of the hospital show Grey's Anatomy, which has some great characters and life lessons we could all learn from sometimes...The following quote from the script is a wonderful passage in itself and one well worth mulling over, maybe listen to the song as well if you have time here.

Quote:- 'We're all gonna die. We don't get much say on how or when, but we do get to decide how we are gonna live. Is this the life you want to live? Is this the best you can be? Can you be stronger? kinder? more compassionate? Decide. Breathe in...breathe out...and decide.' - Richard Webber - Grey's Anatomy Season 10 - Episode 1

And if you are one of my regular blog readers you'll know just how much I write about making your time here on this amazing planet just as good as you can make it.

On reading the quote, I'm sure we can all be stronger, kinder and more compassionate but what are we going to do about it? Go hell for leather and then end up feeling the venom of Banks lyrics as describes the hate for the person she once loved? What difference will it make to us? Will it make us richer, live longer, be happier?

Who knows…What I do know is that it’s important to follow the quotes most important part…’Decide how we are gonna live’. Well I think it is…It’s that part of ourselves that we reflect out to the rest of the people we meet, every single day of our lives. I’m told that I think too deeply about things but don’t we need to give our existence some deep consideration and think about what we do with our time as it’s such a precious possession. Something far more valuable than any house, car or bank balance.

I believe, as Banks sings that ‘Everyone knows I’m right about one thing’ - this thing called ‘Life’.

Don’t waste a drop of it and live it to the max folks as you never know when you might lose it…

More tomorrow and less Morbid - Promise.



No comments:

Post a Comment