Friday 4 September 2015

Waiting Game - Banks

Lyric:- 'I'm thinking it over' - Banks


Song Choice:- Well a new artiste to my ears but one to connect with her the sound is really vibrant and engaging - try for yourself here and get an idea of what the fuss is all about.



Waiting...Hmm...On hearing this song, it  got me thinking about my own relationship with the 'Waiting Game' over the years. 

Now if you know me well, you'll know that I'm not very good at playing the 'Waiting Game'...I'm can really patient on a few things but once I make my mind up, it's very difficult to change it. It's a very Jet Black and Snow White World where I live.

However, I don't really know why. 

So I started some inner sole searching and in a place where people are always patient and waiting...Religion. Folk waiting and praying for a billion different reasons, hoping and waiting for things to change. Google came up with umpteen biblical waiting passages I could choose from.

One very popular passage, especially for Runners is Isaiah 40:31 - it goes...'But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint'. It's stirring stuff and it's one I've often mulled over when it's felt my legs want to drop off in a marathon.

My word that got me going!

But that's only one kind of waiting. It got me thinking on how much time we spend each day actually waiting. If you live in Cardiff like me, you'll wait hours it seems for the red traffic lights to change on any journey out of the city. It's one of my pet hates. I can run faster!

Hence, the A48 or Newport Road is a big no-no and adds minutes to any short journey you have to undertake, so I don't go there. I spend ages waiting with 'Buffer Face' for the mobile network to download my Facebook and Email updates, Virgin Media has a lot to answer for.

How much time do you spend waiting?

Waiting for your business meetings to start, a late train or plane?

Waiting for the right time to say something?

Waiting to take the plunge?

What are you waiting for? The saying goes...

Now is this REALLY Waiting or Wasting. Is it defering? It's an interesting debate and maybe for me I'm just not good at 'Wasting my Time'.

Time is so precious...Waiting isn't.

What do you think?

I'm WAITING to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment