Monday 14 September 2015

So now you know - The Horrors

Lyric:- 'That's the life you put aside for too long'...

Song Choice:- The Horrors are always a good bet for a song with a good lyric and hey presto, this one jumped right out at me as today's blog is about being the person, you've always wanted to be. 

I encounter this situation every day of my working life. and it seems that more and more folk coming to see me say that they have always wanted to BE something, rather than wanting to DO something. It's underlines my theory that actually the races that folk enter like the MdS or similar challenges are actually not as important as they think but taking on the 'Elite' lifestyle of a marathon/ultra-marathon runner leads to a happier and more fulfilling life.

It took me hundreds of races and thousands of pounds to work that one out for myself. I believe the road trips I did around the Premiership Grounds, the London-2-Lisbon Run and my Stoptober 28x28 gave me the opportunity of being the person I wanted to be. A chance to be in the spotlight, to enjoy some media attention and make my rather eccentric way of life, my job.

Yikes, I'm so lucky. It's taken me a long time to get here and I'm doing my best to help others get here too. It happened again today on an MdS Training Day and it might happen again on another one tomorrow. Who knows...anything can happen on one of my training days.

Let's see if it does tomorrow for two guys coming to see me.

What I do know is it's time for sleep here in a very wet Cardiff and I'll update this post tomorrow post 42.2km :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment