Saturday 26 September 2015

You and Me - C41

Song Choice - From the film 'Last Night', a surprising good Keira Knightly effort, I just loved the way the music fitted the film and then how the film left the viewer to make their own ending for the film. If you haven't seen it, I suggest you do as it's extremely provocative in it's comment on modern day busy couples.

Funnily enough, my version of the ending didn't follow my usual more cavalier approach to life and was far more conservative which even surprised me! I won't spoil it for you but what would you do if you were them?

Anyway less of the film but I encounter this kind of situation every day of my working life as more and more I'm becoming a 'Life Counsellor' to 'Runners' rather than the other way round.

I don't mind as it's a fascinating job and I feel privileged to be let into other people's worlds. This week I'm meeting my 'Dixons Carphone Average2Awesome' guys for the last time as we celebrate their success at this year's Race to the Stones and transformation from the Couch to Ultimate ULTRA-warrior.

I bet they never saw that coming up in their 'Life-Script'. Then again, maybe none of us do.

Tomorrow's Robin Hood Marathon provides a welcome pilgrimage back to 1995 for me and the opportunity to run a road marathon on my own for once, passenger free,

I must say I'm looking forward to it and hopefully this #931 marathon will be as joyous as #8 etc. that I've enjoyed over the years and I can have time out to think what's going to happen next in my own 'Script'. I know most folk don't like to know what happens next in plots - but I do...

Do you? Or do you leave it to someone else to decide...

No comments:

Post a Comment