Saturday 10 September 2016

Fight from the Inside - Taylor

Lyric:- 'You can't win with your hands tied' - Taylor

Song Choice:- My favourite track from Queen's 1977 'News of the World' album, that only peaked at number 4 in the charts, how about that? It's a Roger Taylor special, this one, with him writing, singing, drumming and playing guitars on the track. Take a listen here for yourself and see what you've been missing.

And it's the 'fight' that I'm interested in for today's blog as my question to you today is how you cope with situations you find yourself in every day of your life? You are probably aware of the 'Fight or Flight Response'. During the reaction, the intensity of emotion that is brought on by the stimulus will also determine the nature and intensity of the behavioural response. Individuals with higher levels of emotional reactivity may be prone to anxiety and aggression, and I'm sure we've all witnessed such 'Flight or Flight' occurrences in the past. 

Anyway, I believe there's a middle ground which is far more acceptable all round which is 'Acceptance' - a mental state that's so hard to find, yet so much more powerful that either 'Fight' or 'Flight' can ever be in my opinion. 'Acceptance' is truly powerful in fact, as I find  confrontation and surrender such negative emotions and a waste of my energy. How much time, energy and money could be saved if folk just used a little more common sense? 

Returning to the 'Morello Clinic' yesterday, scene of my own SIDP acceptance realisation, it just hammered the point home to me that a lot of the time if we know where we stand and are honest with ourselves, a far better outcome ensues. I'm living proof of that...

How many things are you fighting or running away from, right now?

Makes you think eh? Right from the inside...

Rory Coleman - 976 Marathons - 241 Ultras
13 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 8284 Days' Alcohol Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment