Tuesday 6 September 2016

Nothing Else Matters - Metallica

Lyrics:- 'Couldn't be much more from the heart'.

Song Choice:- I've finally left hospital but I'm not one for celebrating, especially as I no longer drink. However I do like to return to songs that make me glad to be alive to gee myself up when it's time to step up my game. If you know me, you'll know how important the 20th April 1992 was in my history. Luckily YouTube lets me re-live it whenever I want, and it's kinda great ain't it?

Got me thinking though...If you had an video file of your own life, in its entirety, where would you rewind to first to recheck yourself out, relive or uncock up some of the stuff you'd like to change.

You could see yourself being born...hmm that feels kinda weird but you could see yourself as you really were at any age, not as you remember perhaps.

You could relive your first day at school or a special occasion. You could also see what was going on around you in slow-mo and freeze-frame in 4K colour, so you could see what was actually going on in the background.

For those of you who follow Grand Designs on a weekday evening, Kevin McCloud already has this option, well in a way. He's less hairy and slightly more plump as the series' progresses. Poor chap is usually surrounded by too much steel, glass and morons to see his own ageing but I'm sure you get the gist.

It happened to me when I saw some film of myself on Blue Peter in 2009. I look a generation younger!

Anyway, I'm already lost as to where I'd go first. There's just too much choice.

Maybe you'd like a fast forward, time-travel button on YouTube as well so you could avoid making costly life mistakes rather than having the option to change a few cock-ups retrospectively.

That would come in bloody handy. But then again would it?

Do we need to relive stuff or know what's ahead or make the most of it whilst it's here and live in the moment?

What do you think?

Rory Coleman - 976 Marathons - 241 Ultras
13 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 8280 Days' Alcohol Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment