Friday 2 September 2016

Run Like Hell - The Pink Floyd

Lyric:- 'And your hungry heart' - Waters

Song Choice:- Well more of a Jog like Hell if I'm being honest here and I managed about 500 metres across Llandaff Fields yesterday so I'm really pleased with my progress this week. I'm now walking at least 6 miles a day, every day.

Anyway, the Big News is that I've been discharged from Rookwood Hospital and I'm now getting back into the heady world of being Rory Coleman again. Whether that's a good thing, who knows. The question is, can I improve on my old self and raise my game? 

Well of course I can, as there is nothing worse than being mediocre in my book and that's something I'm definitely going to work at from now on.

As for running? The 500 metres felt like a running a marathon on some very strange plasticine legs but I quickly felt what I've been missing these past few months and I'll gradually build up my running fitness like I did back in 1994.

A fresh start is always a good thing I've found and today has already provided me with a great achievement as I walked home from hospital this morning.

Not many folk can say that...

What's been the standout part of your day today.

Rory Coleman - 976 Marathons - 241 Ultras
13 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 8276 Days' Alcohol Free.

1 comment:

  1. May be if I can eat noodles for dinner. Otherwise, probably that an emergency trip back to the oral surgeon today to check unexpected bleeding after having 2 teeth extracted yesterday had him telling me it was normal and should be fine. Also grateful for my husband's presence, driving and support, and a short walk with him (heavy exercise prohibited for a bit to keep HR/bleeding down).

    SO glad to see this news from you!

    ReplyDelete